Thursday, April 14, 2005

No use crying over spilt milk

So, I'm driving to work this morning, on time. I eat my poptart. Pick up my glass of milk....and drop it. Right into my lap. I have no idea how it happened. One minute it is in my hand, the next, in my lap. It was like my fingers just let go of it without me thinking it. So there I am, on 480, going 65 mph with milk seeping in my pants, under my butt, in to the seat, on the floor behind me. What a freakin' mess!! I started grabbing for tissues and napkins trying to soak it up. I got off at the first exit and found a towel in my trunk and a sweatshirt in the backseat. For all the crap I have in my car, I can't believe there weren't more things to use to clean it up. And I really couldn't believe how much milk was in that glass!! I swear, it was like I spilled a gallon! I realized I couldn't go to work because, well, I would start to stink. Pretty gross. So I turned arond and went home to change clothes and clean up the car. I got to work over an hour late. And when I leave, I get to drive home a stinky car. Guess I know what I'm doing Saturday... Oh well, my car needed cleaned out anyway.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAH!!!!!!! that was such a cheryl thing to do. lol! love how you wrote about it. :)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Julie Ann Shahin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeewwwwwww sour milk. LOVE poptarts :-)

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha!! what a great story! and something i would definitely do myself! i hope it was a pretty day so you could drive home with your windows down! yuck! pU!!! LOL!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Carrie Postma said...

thanks for the giggle!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh NOOOOO! I'm so sorry E! That's why I don't trust myself with anything but a waterbottle that closes if I'm drinking something on the way to work. Arghhhh!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EEK!! Ewww! I hope that you got it all cleaned...and heck, anything to be late to work, eh? ;) *note to self...bring a big glass of milk next time I'm on my way to work and pull an "Erin" ;) :D

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home