Wednesday, April 27, 2005

April Snow

So, Sunday we got 13 inches of snow. Yes, 13 inches on April 24th. Unreal. Of course, I had to take pictures. And I thought I'd share them for those of you not blessed with Cleveland weather. They're a bit dark because I took them Monday morning before work...

This is our house. That is my car. Parked outside the garage. Because my garage door broke last week. I said it wasnt' a big deal because it was April, not like I'd have to brush snow off it. Famous last words...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This tree is not normally a weeping willow.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Our deck. Would you like to eat outside tonight, honey?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Big tall tree on the back corner of the house that is now half on the ground. I didn't like it anyway.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Very sad. I love this tree. It's now broken in half.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some of the many branches in our yard. One of these caused a phone line to fall across the road. Which caused me to call the police at 9:30 Sunday morning to come out and make sure no one drove into it. Lots of excitement.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And there you go. 13 inches of snow April 24th. Now the cleanup begins...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is not normally a weeping willow" made me laugh SO hard!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHA Probably the funniest thing I've read all day!! :) Great pictures...sorry about the snow, though. Hey, you and Michael (and any hot guy friends of Michael ;)) can move down to Louisiana...we never get snow!! :)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is just insane!!!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

how crazy!! that is a *TON* of snow in comparison to the little dustings we got this year! wowzers!! love your house, erin!! can't wait to stay at the sweeney bed & breakfast! =) oh, and there won't be any surprise snows in july, now will there? lol!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

hilarious...sorry! I hate it for you :P Come on spring, hit Cleveland!!!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crazy weather!! sorry to see all your tree damage...hopefully spring will be headed your way soon!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Zetirix said...

Tell me about it, I live here in Wooster, and we got at least 8 inches, though most of it melted as soon as it landed... tip o' the day, don't move to Cleveland, the weather sucks :)

- Z

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeekkk! looks like Denver a few weeks ago- bummer about your garage door-- that just stinks! Hope it warms up & melts soon!

5:09 PM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

Ooooh MY!! LOVING Dallas that much more!!! UGH...can't believe you have snow in APRIL!! It's all about tank tops here....:)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Yikes that is a bunch of snow. thankfully by the time it got to CT it was all rain and wind! Hope the clean up is going well

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home