Monday, May 02, 2005

Bless the Broken Road

I love this song. You know how sometimes you hear a song and you feel like it was written just for you? That's how I felt the first time I heard "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. I still cry sometimes when I hear it because it's so real to me. Everything I went through, all the tears and pain and doubt, it was all worth it. It was part of God's plan. It led me to Michael.

"Bless The Broken Road"

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Erin and Michael, May 22, 2004

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so i know i've said this a million times, but i'm going to say it again: YOU GUYS ARE THE CUTEST FREAKING COUPLE EVER!!!!! i just love hearing you talk about him...love that you are so much in love...love that he makes my friend so happy. :)

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, I love reading your blog! I love that song, too. No one to apply it to..but now I'll think of you and Michael every time I hear it! Hahahha You guys are so stinkin cute. I want me and my future husband to be as cool as you and Michael :)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this song Erin, it reminds me of how I found my girls. I'm sure it has so much depth of meaning for a lot of people. :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

well i don't know you but i definitely know that song (see my blog lol..) & i know exactly how it feels to have a song--specifically THAT song--feel like someone tapped into your soul & translated the thoughts & emotions there into words. =)

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm incapable of hearing that song without crying. Seriously. We're talking pull over on the side of the road and just sob. I am so dang blessed, and I know you feel the same way about your prince, too! :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Love this song...two friends of mine who got married last weekend used this as their first dance. beautiful.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOu guys are awesome!! Love love that picture- gorgeous!!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone at Two Peas made an album with this song and I thought you might want to see it. I loved it.

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=494867

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

awww! so sweet!! and that is one beaUtiful pic of you & michael!! you look amazing in that red dress, my friend! =)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that song too...awesome lyrics!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home