Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sweet relief...or so I thought.

So last Wednesday, I got a prescription to help with the morning sickness. I thought, "Yes! Good-bye vomiting 6 times a day! Good-bye throwing up every meal! Good-bye my friend, the toilet." Wrong. It might make it a bit more manageable, but it's not gone. The medicine wears off by early evening. And since I'm only allowed to take it once a day, there's nothing I can do. Once it wears off, it's like my stomach says, "Hey, we need to play catch-up!" And I'm still throwing up during the day, just not as frequently. I'm really hoping that once I hit 3 months, it stops. The days are long and painful and emotionally distressing. I know, I know, it's worth it. I really do know that. I can't wait to tell this kid - "Do you have ANY idea what you put me through??" :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww erin! you know i would take it for you if i could! isn't there something else they can do? this sucks. :(
IT WILL BE WORTH IT, I PROMISE!!!!!!! :) :) :)

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try to remember that morning sickness is a good sign---it means all your hormones are perfectly in check.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin- Are you taking Zofran?? Ask your Dr. for Zofran, it is a little pill that you let desolve on your tongue. I believe you can take it multiple times per day. They use it for Chemotherapy patients. All of my friends have sworn by it!

9:03 AM  
Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

this will likely in no way make you feel better but my best friend went through the same thing her whole pregnancy (but she said the meds helped her tremendously & whatever she was on, i don't remember her saying she could only take them once a day--she just had to keep taking them cause the second she missed one...bad lol) BUT as awful as she felt, she has a perfect baby girl & in retrospect, said she'll do it again, even if it means she's twice as sick the next time!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers. Puking is not fun for any reason! Be well.

~Cami

11:20 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

awww, e!! so sorry you're still not feeling 100%!! praying for you and baby sweeney! =)

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it Zofran? if not, you shouldn't bother! Make your dr give you some of the Z! seriously, the stuff rocks!

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( I'm sorry that the medicine isn't helping much. I'm praying for you and hoping that this part finishes quickly and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! It definitely will be worth it :)

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man :( I had horrible morning sickness, and it was so incapacitating. Here in Canada there's a prescription med called Diclectin. It's not available in the US, but it's Vitamin B6 and Unisom (a sleep aid). Apparently the comination of it helps somehow. My SIL also went to a naturopath who gave her some homeopathic stuff that totally cured it. Good luck, I hope you're feeling better soon!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home