Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My husband, the coach

So, my husband is a coach. Not of just one sport, or two, but 3! 8th grade football in the fall, freshman boy's basketball in the winter, and varsity baseball in the spring. Unfortunatly with our weather, he hasn't gotten to coach much lately. I took these pictures last month during a Saturday double-header - they won both games. Go Tigers! {I seriously have the hardest time getting my pictures the right size. I've given up. Sorry they're so small!!}

Here he is in action -
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's the team after their first win of the day -
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love going to the games. Cheering for the team. Supporting him. He puts so much time and energy and love in to coaching. But coaching isn't just Michael's thing, it's mine too. We're in it together. The games, the practices, the extra work, the cookouts, the cookies, the scrapbooks, getting to know the players and their parents. It's a way of life. I am a coach's wife. And darn proud of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

*love* this post from you, E!! great pics of michael on the field! and i can just see you sitting in the stands (or in your cool lawn chair) watching the game, spitting sunflower seeds, and yelling - HEY BLUE, OPEN YOUR EYES!! *lol* you are one rockin' coach's wife, erin! =)

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, this is just an amazing post. I love it! I read something once about being a coach's wife. I will e-mail you about it as soon as finals are over...TODAY!!! :) I can totally see you as an unbelievably awesome, supportive wife. You are too cool! :)

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh please...just admit the REAL reason why you go to those games...MRS. SWEENEY!! :D :D :D :D

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home